Friday, February 21, 2014

Fairbanks Alaska

After coming back from Coldfoot, I had two days to wander around Fairbanks.

My rental "car"

I grabbed a coffee and headed out driving along College Ave in Fairbanks. I stumbled upon Creamer's Field a Migratory Waterfowl Refuge. The refuge has 2000 acres that are home to many different types of birds as well as animals.  

Beautiful cold morning. Around 5 degrees if I remember correctly. 

The farther I walked, the more I ended up in a low set of cloud cover. 






While walking a trail I found a small amount of blood in the snow......

.......and then found that someone had had bird for breakfast!!




Zombie Frogs!!

Next I took a drive into downtown Fairbanks. Above is a statue called First Unknown Family.


The early "girls" of Fairbanks.


I also cruised down toward the small town of North Pole, Alaska...

 ...where Santa reins supreme!

And of course they have reindeer. 



By the end of the day I ended up back in Fairbanks where I stopped off to take some photo's of the Chena River at 
sunset with low clouds rolling in.

A good amount of the river had frozen solid on both sides. This was a piece that had broken off. So many layers. 


Very peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment