Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Campylobacter

As most of you already know, I have been in the hospital for the past several days. I went in on Saturday morning after fighting diarrhea, fevers, and nausea for most of Friday. They ran some test and found that I was severally dehydrated and seemed to have some sort of virus. After going through 4 IV bags and not getting much better, they admitted me to the hospital.

In the end, they found out I had a food borne illness called Campylobacter. It comes from the cross contamination of poultry and even one single drop can get you super sick. It's kinda hard to pin point where I got it from since the bacteria takes 2-5 days to start effecting the host. Andi also had a small bout of diarrhea but hers cleared up quick, mine kept on going.

I got released from the hospital last night, now just resting and building up my strength again. So kids, there's your word of the day-Campylobacter. One mean little son of a bitch!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment