Sunday, July 8, 2012

Alameda County Fair

Today Andi and I went to the Alameda County Fair about 40 minutes from our front door. When I was a kid, I would spend my summers in Iowa with my grandmother and we always would go to the Iowa State Fair. I remember fondly eating all the different types of "fair food"-corn dogs, funnel cake(my grandma's favorite!), sno cones, etc. I also remember the rides, animals, and many different shops to buy junk I never would need!! This fair was pretty much the same, just on a smaller scale.

A bunch of sheep who kept knocking each other off of the bails of hay. They were playing a sheep's version of "King of the Hill!"

Ever seen a sheep's balls?!?! Well, now you have.

A mother pig had just given birth to a litter of babies a couple of weeks ago and they were as wild as can be!!

After all the exercise, it was lunch time.

A family of goats. Dad had a huge set of horns!

Shaved lambs with prison tats!

A funny looking pair of bookends.

When I saw this guy, he was so big and fluffy you just wanted to squeeze him!!

Psst!! Hey, buddy. Let me out of here and I'll make it worth your while.

A very strange looking pigeon.

Andi going round and round.

On the Ferris wheel with a rose she won at a game! A very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment