Sunday, August 5, 2012

Garden Update


So our garden is going like crazy with all this summer sun out here. Right now I have the four tomato plants you see on the right going strong-sweet 100's, black cherry, black krim, and red and yellow brandywine.

Up front here I have two pepper plants and a small head of lettuce. I also recently planted a yellow squash plant that has taken over.

Right in the middle I have two Japanese eggplants that are just now starting to flower, another pepper plant on the right and more lettuce on the left.

We also have 12 more tomato plants that our just starting out. Andi's contribution was to make her version of "The Great Wall".....She's so helpful! :P

My basil and rosemary are both doing nicely. Rosemary out here in CA is more of decoration in most yards then used as an herb!

A small harvest with more to come. I was able to get one beet out of three going. The beet seeds I bought at the store somehow ended up being mixed seeds. I also got lettuce and another small squash plant instead of all beets!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have any watermelon growing? If nit you have to try it, it's so easy and so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't but would like to. At the moment, the squash has taken over everything. Going to try watermelon next!

    ReplyDelete