Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Our First Harvest

We were finally able to harvest our first thing from the garden: bok choy and savory! For the past month here it's been raining for a week and then has been sunny for a week. The plants have been thriving in this weather and started shooting up like crazy. I haven't been able to spend as much times as I've wanted in the garden due to my back so the bok choy went a little to far and started to flower!

The purple cauliflower should be ready in the next month or so. And I have to get some lattice for the beans on the left side as their climbing like crazy!


Now with the bok choy and savory gone, I had holes to fill. Next up: Japanese eggplant, summer squash, and purple peppers! :)

2 comments:

  1. Watch out for the bean beetle, I think it's the Mexican bean beetle. I grew beans last year and they were attacked by these little bastards. I still had a pretty good harvest but lost many beans due to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you mention beans. Mine our dying as we speak, however they have root rot. Can't cure it, I'm going to have to replant. And the snow peas are just starting to come in too!!! :(

    ReplyDelete