Monday, April 23, 2012

Chef Socks

Well, there not really chef socks there basketball socks. In the cooking industry, I would say that a chef's feet take the most punishment(followed by their liver! Ha!). We can stand on them from anywhere between 8-18 hours, usually on hard concrete floors. Our feet become like hard stones, callous and rough and usually always in pain. I know some days I get out of bed and the first 6 steps are the hardest. There are many different types of chef shoes out there that give good support but in the long run, when your standing so much, your feet hurt no matter what.

When I helped to open Original Joe's, I worked for 6 weeks straight putting in around 75-85 hours a week. My feet were killing me even thought I had good shoes. A guy I was working with suggested I look into socks made by Nike for basketball players.

I found Nike Dri-Fit Elite socks that are amazing!!! They give you extra support in the areas where your feet are more susceptible to injury and impact. The fabric helps to pull sweat away from your skin keeping your feet drier and more comfortable. They also provide arch support for stability and cushioning around the ankle and Achilles which helps protect your foot from irritation caused by rubbing.

These socks run at $14 a pair which is a little steep in my opinion for socks but....I could care less when it comes to my feet. If your a chef, I HIGHLY recommend you get a pair and try them out. I guarantee you'll see a world of difference. My feet now hate me a little less every day! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment