Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wa People

While we were in the Huang Shan area, we were taken to a small village where a group of people called the Wa live. They are pretty much China's version of Native American Indians but China never tried to kill them all off! 

The place is designed to look like what one of there villages looked like in the past. Some of the Wa people live here full time however.


Several differnt masks are located along the paths.

The Wa put on shows, sing, spit fire, and dance to show there culture. They are very dark in color and speak a dialect that is somewhat Chinese, somewhat Laos. They are originally from the Laos/China border with Vietnam in between. There were also a couple of women in there group who spoke to me. Now every Chinese person that I have met who has spoken to me has said "Hello" or "Bye Bye." These two girls first words were "I love You" and " I love you, too!" This might explain why so many American soldiers came back from Vietnam and Laos with wife's!! :P

I can't get a good translation of the saying above. It says something about the culture of the place.

These guys were super interested in my tattoos!

No comments:

Post a Comment