Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Kitchen Spanglish

The other day I was clearing out the pictures on my phone and I found some "kitchen Spanglish" photo's that I took while I was at Original Joe's. Usually about have of your staff in a kitchen can speak good English and the other half is learning. You learn very quickly who has a good grasp of the English language and who doesn't by how they spell what they are putting away in the walk-in. I have been playing a game for several years now with my fellow chef friend Suzi Maitland of Trina's Starlight Lounge in Cambridge, MA. Whenever we see "kitchen Spanglish" in the walk-in, we take a picture of it and try to have the other person guess what it is!! I'll let you look at the pictures and try to guess before I give you the answers at the end! Good luck! :P






Answers:
Rumey=Romaine
Crack=Crab
Espaguety=Spaghetti
Azana=Lasanga
Greimy=Gravy

Fun huh!?

No comments:

Post a Comment