Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pat LaFrieda's Big App for Meat

A couple of years ago, I was talked into getting the I Phone by a manger I worked with at the time. Now I'm not really technically inclined and for some reason ALWAYS seem to have problems with phones when I first get them. I don't really do anything except try and use them for the purpose they were created but they never seem to work out for me. I had my I Phone for 41 days and gave the damn thing back, a happier man for doing so. I now have a Blackberry(however my 3rd one!) and I really like it. I will say however, in my short time of having an I Phone, they are amazing as a small, fast, computer in the palm of your hand. Andi has both an I Phone and an I Pad and the graphics are amazing. I use them when I can to mess around with games and check some of the other apps. The other day I found an app called "Pat LaFrieda's Big App for Meat." Now Pat LaFrieda is the owner of New York's most prestigious meat plant: Pat LaFrieda Meat Purveyors. He's been in the business since he was 10 and sells to over 600 restaurants in the city. Read a little into his bio and you'll see, the man knows meat!

He's an ad for the app which shows you what to expect upon purchase. It allows you to choose which animal you want to learn about and then tells you how to butcher it while giving you knowledge on the animal. It also goes into detail about the La Frieda family history, has an extensive meat quiz, talks about the importance of letting meat rest after cooking, and discusses dry aged beef .

Here's a little demo on beef short loin. I have yet to purchase this since where pinching pennies at the moment but I will defiantly check it out. The app is $6.99 and can be purchased on iTunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment