Friday, November 25, 2011

Blood

When I got back from China, I had a stack of mail to go through. Several of my Food Arts magazines had piled up and I set them aside for later reading. Now that we have somewhat settled down, I cracked one open from this past August that really caught my interest just from the cover above. It's all about blood and how it's underused in modern day cooking. The article is written by Chef Brad Farmerie of Public Restaurant in New York City and gives a pretty good account of blood's travel through time and food around the world. At the end of the article, it gives you "A World of Blood Cookery" where they list foods from different spots from around the world and how blood is used in different preparations. Here's the link to the article. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment