Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Crystal Head Vodka

For the longest time I have wanted to try Crystal Head Vodka. It's made in part by Dan Aykroyd and his partner John Alexander who both have a passion about the mystery that surrounds the 13 crystal skulls that have been found around the world. My parents got me a bottle as a late birthday present and I have to say it's some damn smooth vodka! The process they go through to make it is quite intense with water coming from Newfoundland, Canada and passing the final product four times through Herkimer diamonds.

The vodka runs about $45 a bottle which is steep but I think your mostly just paying for the bottle with is quite cool. It is made in Milan, Italy by Bruni Glass. It does however make for a terrible pouring experience. I always lose a little bit no matter how I pour it.

Here is a video of Dan being the ultimate salesman!

No comments:

Post a Comment