Sunday, February 19, 2012

My Day Off In LA

So this entire week I have been in LA training for my new job as Executive Chef for the Daily Grill in San Francisco. They flew me down here and put me up in the Westin close to LAX where one of there restaurants is located in the hotel. I have been working all week and they gave me Sunday off. A good friend of mine from my Kingfish Hall days in Boston moved out here a little under a year ago and we hooked up for lunch. She took me over to a really great place called Manhatten Beach. It's a little area full of surfing shops, small restaurants, and other miscellaneous shops. I was able to get some photo's with my Blackberry (not the best however) of the beaches and piers. I found it funny that this area totally reminded me of the movie Karate Kid! Can't wait to come back out this direction when I'm not working and explore further!








4 comments:

  1. nice beach! What's the temperature like in Cali this time of year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should look into what beach they actually used for The karate Kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday was the first time I left the hotel in a week since I have been working. But it was around 65-70 degrees. Still needed a sweatshirt. As for the real beach in The Karate Kid, it's called Leo Carrillo Beach in Malibu and it's about 10 minutes up the coast from where I was yesterday! No wonder it reminded me of it!

    ReplyDelete