Wednesday, January 18, 2012

So I'm Off To LA!


Several weeks ago I applied for an Executive Chef position I found on Craigslist. It didn't list the name of the restaurant but gave a run down of what they were looking for and I knew I fit the bill. I applied and got a call back from a headhunter agency out of Los Angeles. I spoke with them in length about my past experience and they were very interested in placing me in a place called The Daily Grill. They have the same style menu as what I used to do at The Met Bar and Grill but not as fancy or new age. It's a cooperate restaurant so it's defiantly not the food scene of San Francisco but the pay is quite good and it would give me an opportunity to bank some cash and eat out more. I had a 4 hour meeting with the current chef there now who is moving onto another location(they have 28 restaurants across the US) and with the Area Director for Northern California locations. It went quite well and they are now flying me out to LA on Monday for the day so I can meet with the VP of Culinary. Hopefully it will all go well!!

4 comments:

  1. So if you get the job will there be a move to L.A.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelly!! And no, Denny. Their corperate headquarters is in LA(I think) and their just flying me down for the day to meet me and go over some more questions. The restaurant I would run is here in downtown San Francisco. The position is between me and one other guy.

    ReplyDelete